Annual International Cancer Education Conference Grant
To support participation and attendance at the 2016 ICEC, CPEN is pleased to offer one member a $1,500 scholarship to attend the conference September 14-16, 2016 in Bethesda, MD.
The International Cancer Education Conference (ICEC) is jointly sponsored by the Cancer Patient Education Network (CPEN) and the American Association of Cancer Education (AACE). Visit the ICEC 2016 website
- Applicant is a current, dues-paying CPEN member and maintains membership through the date of ICEC attendance.
- Applicant does not have institutional support to attend the conference
- Applicant must be willing to represent CPEN via staffing a table or booth at the conference, if applicable
- Applicant has not been a recipient in the previous year of the CPEN scholarship.
- Applicant must be willing to submit a summary about their conference experience or conference topic for publication in the CPEN newsletter.
Submit completed applications
or questions to Allison Travis at firstname.lastname@example.org
by 5:00 p.m., EST; June 3, 2016. Scholarship recipient and all applicants will be notified of decision no later than June 22, 2016.
Applications will be reviewed by CMG staff to verify CPEN membership status and that eligibility criteria have been met. Incomplete applications will be removed from the process.
- Applications meeting all eligibility criteria will be de-identified and forwarded to the CPEN Board for review and scoring.
- The following aspects will be scored: response to essay questions and meeting submission requirements.
- Applicant with highest combined score will be selected.
The grant will pay up front for airfare, ICEC registration, and hotel via CMG. Other expenses (i.e., meals and transportation) will be reimbursed after the conference from submitted receipts to CMG. The total amount provided for all travel is $1,500 and conference expenses may exceed this amount.