CPEN Bulk Printing Program
Need NCI booklets? Join the CPEN Bulk Printing Program!
Are patient education materials too costly to print on your own? Join with other organizations to purchase NCI booklets at a lower cost and in return, provide them for your patients and families. We anticipate the next order will be available in the spring of 2015. Please check back for details on how to order!
For years, cancer centers and organizations have relied on National Cancer Institute (NCI) booklets to provide quality patient education materials to patients and families. Due to budget cuts, NCI is no longer able to print its publications in bulk. As a result, the Cancer Patient Education Network (CPEN) took the initiative to coordinate the CPEN Bulk Printing Program. This new program will allow people to purchase NCI booklets at a reduced rate. By combining our individual orders to print NCI booklets into one large order that is placed quarterly, our cancer centers and organizations will benefit from reduced printing costs, enabling us to provide these valued patient education materials.
The Cancer Patient Education Network (CPEN) is a group of Healthcare Professionals who share experiences and best practices in all aspects of cancer patient education. The overall mission of CPEN is to promote and provide models of excellence in patient, family, and community education across the continuum of care.
CPEN has developed this initiative in response to CPEN members concerns that they would no longer be able to provide these excellent and essential NCI booklets to their patients and families. CPEN as an organization receives no financial benefit from this initiative.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the CPEN Bulk Printing Program?
- How can I participate in the program?
- Why would I use bulk printing for my organization?
- Which publications can I order from the CPEN Bulk Printing Program?
- How can I get an estimate of the price for each publication?
- Is there a minimum order?
- Are shipping costs included in the price quotes?
- I used to be able to add my organization’s logo when ordering with NCI. Can I still do that?
- What if I’m interested in ordering copies of booklets but want them at different times than the quarterly bulk printing date?
- What will the printer need from me to sign-up for the program?
- How can I learn more?
1. What is the CPEN Bulk Printing Program?
It’s a program coordinated by the Cancer Patient Education Network (CPEN) in partnership with the printer, Heeter Direct, to offer a way to purchase National Cancer Institute (NCI) booklets at an affordable cost, and in the quantity you need on a quarterly basis.
2. How can I participate in the program?
Click on the Bulk Printing Program link above. You will be taken to the CPEN Bulk Printing Program page at www.healthypublications.com. Click on the link to email the printer and sign up for the program.
3. Why would I use bulk printing for my organization?
It’s the most cost effective way to produce full color NCI booklets. By combining requests for NCI materials from organizations nationwide, the printer can do a large print run once a quarter. With bulk printing, each booklet costs less and you know when your next order can be placed.
4. Which publications can I order from the CPEN Bulk Printing Program?
The available NCI booklets are listed on the printer’s website. More NCI titles will be made available in the future.
5. How can I get an estimate of the price for each publication?
The price per booklet is shown on the Bulk Printing Program order page.
6. Is there a minimum order?
The minimum order per title is 25 copies. There is no maximum order limit.
7. Are shipping costs included in the price quotes?
Shipping costs are separate and shown on the Summary page at the end of your order.
8. I used to be able to add my organization’s logo when ordering with NCI. Can I still do that?
Yes! There are instructions on the Bulk Printing Program web site on how to include a graphic file of your organization’s logo.
9. What if I’m interested in ordering copies of booklets but want them at different times than the quarterly bulk printing date?
If you need copies before the next quarterly printing, you can request “Print-On-Demand” printing, but the price will be higher per booklet than using the Bulk Printing Program.
10. What will the printer need from me to sign-up for the program?
The printer will need standard information of name, location and payment method. The website can accept purchase orders as well as credit cards for payment.
11. How can I learn more?
For additional information or to give feedback on the Bulk Printing Program email CPEN at email@example.com and specify “ Bulk Printing Program” in the subject line.