CPEN Member Benefits
CPEN offers multiple benefits to its members, including:
- Access to a multidisciplinary network of professionals who are actively involved with cancer patient education initiatives locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Opportunities to network, consult, and partner with similar and complementary organizations and professions.
- Access to the CPEN member listserv.
- Mentoring/mentorship opportunities.
- Publishing prospects.
- Opportunities to participate in and benefit from projects and research initiatives coordinated through CPEN committees.
- Opportunities to attain elected office. (Active Members only)
- Opportunities for leadership at a national level.
- Reduced rates for conferences sponsored by CPEN.
- Reduced rates on materials in the CPEN store.
- Reduced subscription rate of $65 to the Journal of Cancer Education.
- Members-only access to resources and documents on the CPEN Web site, such as:
- Guidelines for establishing comprehensive cancer patient education services.
- Guidelines for establishing and maintaining learning resource centers.
- FAQs and resources on complementary and alternative medicine in cancer.
- Survey data and self assessment tools.
- Patient educator resources.
- A membership directory.
- Committee member lists and meeting minutes.
- Your name and contact information, as included in the membership directory.
Please note that CPEN membership runs from 1 July - 30 June. CPEN also offers a prorated membership from 1 January - 1 July. If you would like to wait until 1 January to apply for membership, you will receive membership until 30 June for the prorated amount of $47.50.